Espresso is undoubtedly one of the most popular coffee drinks in the world. It has a unique and rich flavor that can be enjoyed by coffee lovers of all levels of experience. If you’re new to espresso, though, ordering one can seem a bit daunting.
And, if you’re looking to order espresso like a pro, then you’ve come to the right place. This article will walk you through how to order an espresso at your favorite coffee shop – whether a small, local business or Starbucks.
We’ll also give you tips on what to look for when ordering different espresso-based drinks. So, whether you’re a coffee novice or an experienced barista, read on for all the information you need to know about ordering espresso.
What Are The Different Types Of Espresso Drinks You Can Order?
When ordering an espresso, it’s important to be aware of the different types of drinks that can be made with this coffee. Here are a few of the most popular espresso-based drinks:
Latte: A latte is a coffee drink that consists of espresso and steamed milk. It’s typically topped with foam and served in a tall glass.
Cappuccino: A cappuccino is a coffee drink that consists of espresso, steamed milk, and foam. The foam should be thick and creamy, making up one-third of the drink.
Macchiato: A macchiato is a drink made with a single shot of espresso and topped with foamed milk.
Americano: An Americano is a coffee drink with espresso and hot water. It’s similar to an iced latte, except it uses espresso instead of coffee.
How To Order An Espresso Like A Pro?
Here are some tips for ordering an espresso when you’re at a local coffee shop or Starbucks:
- At a local coffee shop, tell the barista how many shots of espresso you want in your drink. For example, if you want a latte, ask for a double shot of espresso in your latte.
- You can order espresso drinks at Starbucks by size (tall, grande, or venti) and by type. For example, a “venti caramel macchiato” is a 20-ounce drink with caramel flavoring and espresso. There are many different espresso drinks, so check out the Starbucks menu online or in-store before ordering.
- When ordering an espresso drink at Starbucks, specify how you want your milk (steamed, cold, etc.). For example, if you want a “latte,” specify whether you want it with steamed or cold milk.
- Another thing to consider when ordering an espresso drink is how much foam you want. If you want lots of foam in your drink, ask for a “double shot” of espresso. This will mean that there will be more foam in your drink and less liquid.
What Should You Look For When Ordering Different Types Of Espresso Drinks?
Now that you know more about the different types of espresso-based drinks, let’s look at what to look for when ordering them. Here are some tips:
Latte: When ordering a latte, you’ll want to ask for “latte art.” Latte art is when the barista draws designs or pictures on the foam on top of your latte. It’s not essential, but it does make for a prettier drink.
Cappuccino: When ordering a cappuccino, you’ll want to ask for “wet” or “dry.” A wet cappuccino contains more milk than foam, while a dry cappuccino has more foam than milk (check out this article to find which one is good for you).
Macchiato: When ordering a macchiato, you’ll want to ask for it “ristretto.” Ristretto means “restricted,” so your macchiato will have less coffee and more milk than a traditional macchiato.
Americano: When ordering an Americano, you’ll want to ask for it “sweetened” or “unsweetened.” The barista will add sugar to your Americano if you want it sweetened.
Some Frequently Asked Questions About How To Order Espresso
How to order espresso on the Starbucks app?
To order espresso on the Starbucks app:
1. Open the app and tap on the “Menu” tab.
2. Scroll down and select the “Espresso Drinks” category.
3. Select the type of drink you want and tap on “Order.”
You’ll be able to customize your drink however you like, including choosing how much foam you want and whether you want it sweetened or unsweetened. When you’re finished, tap “Submit,” and your drink will be ready for pick-up at the nearest Starbucks location.
How much foam should you ask for in your drink?
When ordering an espresso drink, you can ask for anywhere from no foam to a lot of foam. If you want a lot of foam in your drink, ask for a “double shot,” or “triple shot.” A triple shot will have the most foam in your drink.
How to order brown sugar shaken espresso?
Tell the barista at a local coffee shop that you want a brown sugar shaken espresso. Starbucks, you can order by size and type (see above for how to order). When ordering, please specify that you want it shaken. This will ensure that your espresso is mixed with the brown sugar and not just sitting on top.
Now that you know the ins and outs of ordering espresso drinks, it’s time to put your knowledge to the test. Head to your local coffee shop and order one (or all!) of the different drinks we’ve mentioned. With any luck, you’ll find a new favorite beverage.
And if you have any questions or concerns while ordering, don’t hesitate to ask the barista for help – they’d be more than happy to guide you through the process.